St. Andrew’s Scottish Episcopal Church, Milngavie, has a small but friendly congregation situated in a central location within the community of Milngavie, about 5 miles north west of Glasgow and referred to as The Village, with a population of about 15,000.
The site of St. Andrew’s dates back to at least 1880, when it was occupied by a dwelling house and, adjoining it, a hall. It was known as St. Andrew’s Mission and was on the Douglas Mains Estate.
The first recorded service took place in the hall on the 6th September 1896. It was conducted by Albert E. Crosbee and there was a congregation of 29 persons and the collection amounted to ten shillings and nine pence.
In 1910 the hall was converted into the present church by the addition of the sanctuary and other alterations. In 1922 the land on which the church and dwelling house stood was given to the Diocese of Glasgow by Archibald Campbell Douglas of Irvine.